- Red bell peppers (2)
- Eggplants (2 Large; Peeled and sliced 3/8-inch thick)
- Tomatoes (2; diced and seeded)
- Scallions (1/3 cup; chopped)
- Parsley – (1/2 cup; minced)
- Cilantro (1/4; chopped)
- Mint (2 table spoons; chopped)
- Large cloves of garlic, minced (2; minced)
- Lemon juice (1/4 cup; squeezed)
- Salt and Ground black pepper
- Preheat your grill with medium-hot charcoal fire
- Grill your 2 whole red peppers, turning it every now and then till fully charred.
- Place them inside a plastic bag to steam for 5-10 mins. to loosen up its skin.
- Remove the red peppers skin, seeds and stems. Dice them afterwhich.
- Now get your eggplant slices.
- Grill until grill marks are present on each side.
- Combine and toss everything inside a bowl: Your grilled eggplants, peppers, tomatoes, scallions, parsley, cilantro, mint and garlic.
- Add your freshly squeezed lemon juice together with salt and pepper.
For all eggplant lovers out there, this dish can take your breath away. Made up with grilled eggplants and tomatoes, tossed altogether with your chopped greens such as your peppers, scallions, parsley, cilantro, mint and garlic. This fresh healthy salad isn’t only good for your health but also to your taste buds.
Eggplants are very good in controlling your high blood cholesterol. Its skin contains phytochemicals called anthocyanins that has the potential to protect you from various diseases such as cancer and aging. Not only that, it is also a good source of anti oxidants that may help you clean up all the mess inside your body. It is very low in calorie and fat so it’s particularly well in helping you lose some weight.
Furthermore you have your fresh tomatoes present which contain dietary fiber, best for your digestion and also anti-oxidants. And who could forget lycopene? It is definitely good for the heart. The lemon juice’s presence here is also very significant since it contains a lot of health benefits since it serves as a liver cleanser and digestive aid. It then boosts your immune system because of the vitamins contained in it, especially vitamin C.