- Whole-grain spaghetti (6 ounces)
- Red onion (medium; sliced thinly)
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Kale (1 bunch; thick stems removed and leaves torn – bite size – 8 cups total)
- Grape tomatoes (3 pints – diced)
- Cook the whole-grain pasta according to the package or you can make your own if you know how to.
- Dice all your red onions and tomatoes.
- Get your diced tomatoes and place them inside the blender and halfway puree it. Leave some chunks behind so you can still feel the texture of the tomatoes.
- Pour your tomato sauce inside a frying pan or pot. Place a pinch of kosher salt, your diced onions and then stir. Heat and stir everything up for 2-3 mins.
- Place your cooked pasta inside a bowl and add up your self-made fresh tomato sauce. Stir everything up.
- After everything’s been heated place your kale on top as much as you like them and add a lil bit of black pepper on top. Enjoy!
This recipe was made altogether with the cooked pasta sautéed together with your freshly made tomato sauce topped with fresh kale for crunchiness. The whole grain spaghetti was boiled and the tomatoes were diced, pureed and heated with seasonings. These ingredients were mixed altogether to create a delightful healthy pasta dish.
Highly recommended for pasta lovers who are mainly into eating healthy, this can definitely make your day. The whole-grain pasta is fiber-riched which is good for your body. Also, the kale contained here is rich in nutritional benefits such as Vitamin A, best for maintaining a glowing skin and very essential in one’s vision. Not only that, it also has a health promoting phytochemical in which it protects against colon and oral cavity cancers. Furthermore, the tomatoes present are good sources of antioxidants, dietary fiber and other vitamins. The lycopene in the tomatoes provides skin protection from UV rays and boost up your defense against skin cancer.